Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing #7

I explored all of the Google Tools. I created a calendar to share with my family and friends. It will help us to coordinate events. I also made a homepage using iGoogle. I really like that you get to choose your interests. I also explored the gadgets and added a few. The ladybugs that run around my home page are my favorite, although they have no educational purpose! I could see how these tools would be very useful for school. You could create a calendar for your class to post due dates. You could set up google alerts for the topics you are learning about at the time. Google Scholar and Google Advanced Search would be a good places for students to do research on the web. And Google Earth would be a fantastic resource for teaching Science. Here is a link to the iGoogle homepage I created.
http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en

No comments: