Monday, March 10, 2008

Thing #11

I have created my LibraryThing account and have started adding books to my library. It could take a very long time to add all of my books, but I plan to take my time with it. I love that LibraryThing makes recommendations for me based on the books I have read and liked. I am always excited about a new book recommendation. I found the group "Librarians who LibraryThing" and read a few interesting and funny threads from their group. I plan to explore other groups to read what they have to say about different books. This will be great for my school library as well as my personal one. I also am excited about sharing LibraryThing with my Book Club. Hopefully we will create our own group on the site!

2 comments:

Happy Harping said...

I enjoyed the youtube video on your blog. I also loved the library thing. It was one of my favorites! I love seeing what they recommend as well.

RCELibrarian said...

I too loved the Library Thing...it will be one of my summer projects to put my home collection into Library Thing...hopefully my children will appreciate it later. I am hoping that I can finish by the end of the summer!