Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thing #9

I explored the search tools for finding new blogs to subscribe to. I liked how SuprGlu showed actual articles. I found one so interesting, I subscribed to the feed right away! I was not as sucessful with Google Blog Search. But when I searched for Spring Branch ISD I got a wide array of results- from school bus shootings to apartments for sale. There were a couple from SBISD employees, too. Topix is very interesting since it is all news sources. I read some interesting articles that were very different than many of the blog posts I have found since they are written by reporters, not librarians. I thought Syndic8 was the most confusing search tool. I didn't find any feeds there that I subscribed to. I found a wonderful video on Technorati. I have posted it on my blog. It has nothing to do with feeds, but is worth watching!

No comments: